Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I Wonder--August 9

For the last couple of day I have been thinking and reflecting on something that I read from G.K. Chesterton. He said:

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried.

That is a very strong statement and it is a very true statement. Take a moment and read it again. . . and by the way, it never gets easier to consider. I have read it every day this week and still feel the weight of the words on my heart. I have held up the work that I do in the name of the Lord to this quote and find myself burdened by the implications of it. 

We often say that being a Christian is hard (and it does take work to be faithful). Serving our community and practicing evangelism with our neighbors can be a challenge, but hold Chesterton's words up against those feelings right now and notice the shift that takes place in your heart. "It has been found difficult and left untried." 

As you look out into your community, and into the work that God calls you to, I wonder where are the places where you have left the faith 'untried?' Where are the places, and who are the people who need you to press in a little longer? 

I wonder how your witness and service to the Lord might shift as you consider the strong words of G.K. Chesterton? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Wonder--April 30

I have spent a lot of time collating, editing, and managing my social media and news feeds on my iPhone. This process has take quite a while...