Monday, August 1, 2022

Wonderings--August 1

It is a beautiful morning here in York, SC; the type of morning that asks for a walk. And so I was happy to oblige. I put my things down in my office, turned the AC on so that it would be cool when I was done, and left for my walk. 

This morning my prayer app offered me a musical rendition of the prayer of St Teresa. The singer's voice was beautiful and the words of the prayer brought me into God's presence gently. The gentle breeze from the west cooled my face as I walked around the church grounds. 

As I finished my walk the words of St. Teresa's prayer were still fresh in my heart. She said: 

"Let nothing disturb you,
let nothing frighten you,
all things will pass away.
God never changes;
patience obtains all things,
whoever has God lacks nothing.
God alone suffices.
Amen"

It was that final phrase: "God alone suffices" that lived in my heart as I sat down at my desk and began to think through the week that lies ahead for me. Like you, I will be busy. . . But in hectic and franticness that you and I will face today, I wonder: does your life prove that "God alone suffices?" 

Blessings

1 comment:

I Wonder--April 30

I have spent a lot of time collating, editing, and managing my social media and news feeds on my iPhone. This process has take quite a while...